- Small class sizes, with the goal of 6-10 students per teacher
- Students placed in classrooms best suited to their academic and social needs
- Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and transition planning with home districts
- Full-day programming Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., with early dismissal on Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m.
- Year round school schedule
- Educational screenings and academic status assessments
- Daily group and individual therapy as well as weekly family therapy offered
- Daily recreational therapy groups, supervised by a certified recreational therapist.
- Consultations with a child and adolescent psychiatrist
- Coordination with outpatient treatment providers
- Medication monitoring upon request
- School-wide Positive Behavior Support System (SW-PBS)
Northwest School of Innovative Learning incorporates child and adolescent mental health within the learning environment. Students receive community-based instruction which allow them to put into practice social skills learned in the classroom. Students also benefit from mental health promotion and intervention within their academic learning environment.
With the development of School-Wide Positive Behavior Support (SW-PBS) in our educational program, strong family engagement and empowerment, and mental health programs and services, our students are provided a comprehensive, student-centered, therapeutic learning environment.
Copyright © Northwest School of Innovative Learning